Dear Best Buds,
We recently reviewed some of the popular keywords and phrases that visitors on our website have searched for. We decided to create some marijuana themed content based on your website queries.
This article will cover:
“Marijuana Legalized Map”
“Marijuana Curbside Pickup”
And lots more!
We do our best to stay up-to-date on any marijuana legislation happening across our Country, but our primary focus is to have a complete understanding of the Washington State marijuana laws and regulations… Since our business is based in Bremerton, WA.
We are not giving any legal advice in this article. We do believe that everything we wrote here is accurate, but we still recommend that you fact check everything on your own, and that you use credible sources such as .gov websites.
If you want to dig into all of the legalese, semantics, and nuanced legal details, we recommend that you visit the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board and the Washington State Legislature websites.
Since Destination HWY 420 is a State Licensed Marijuana Retail Store, we do interact with the general public on a daily basis, and they often ask us questions about the legality of cannabis. Since we regularly receive the same types of questions, we figured it would be easiest if we start providing the answers in a written form. We hope the following content will help you better understand the marijuana laws and regulations of Washington State.
“How much weed can I buy?”
1oz Marijuana Flower – Bud, Shake, Trim, & Joints
16oz Marijuana Infused Edibles in Solid Form – Chocolates, Fruit Chews, Hard Candy, Etc.
72oz Marijuana Infused Edibles in Liquid Form – Soda, Fruit Drinks, Energy Shots, Mixers, Etc.
7g Marijuana Concentrates – Hash, Wax, Oil, Shatter, Vape Cartridges, Etc.
Medical Marijuana Recognition Card Holders are able to purchase 3x the Recreational Marijuana limits. I.E. Medical users can purchase 21g of Marijuana Concentrates versus the 7g limit imposed on recreational users.
“Can I travel with marijuana?”
It depends. If you have your receipt, the product is unopened, and it is located in the trunk of your vehicle, the glove box, or somewhere out of reach, then you should be OK as long as you don’t leave Washington State with it. If the product package has been opened, it will be treated the same way as having an open bottle whiskey in your car.
Law Enforcement Organizations do have the ability to quantify active cannabinoids in your blood. If you are driving high and you get pulled over, you can expect to have some serious consequences, similar to the consequences of drunk driving.
“It is illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana if you have more than 5 nanograms of active THC per milliliter of blood.” -WSLCB
It is also illegal to transport any marijuana outside of Washington State. This includes driving, flying, shipping, and mailing it.
“Where can I smoke weed in Bremerton?”
“It is illegal to consume marijuana in view of the public.” -WSLCB
Where you can’t use marijuana:
Restaurants / Bars
Concerts / Sporting Events / Entertainment Venues
Federal Property / Federal Land
If you’re not allowed to smoke cigarettes, nicotine vapes, or drink alcohol somewhere, you’re almost certainly not allowed to use marijuana there either.
Where you can use marijuana:
Private Property (If the property owner allows you to do so)
Outside the view & smell of the general public
“Can I Grow My Own Cannabis at Home?”
It depends. Recreational Marijuana users cannot grow their own plants.
The only people who can grow cannabis at home are those who have Medical Marijuana Authorization Forms / Recognition Cards and/or their Designated Providers.
The licensed medical practitioner who issued the Authorization Form will specify how many plants their patient is allowed to grow.
If you have been authorized to grow your own plants, there’s not a whole lot of support for you to get up and running. There are only a handful of businesses that are able to sell their clones to medical users.
If you want more information about home grows, and you have the proper documentation, come on by our shop and chat with one of our managers. We will do our best to help you navigate the system.
“Can I Make My Own Marijuana Concentrates at Home?”
It depends on what type of concentrate you’re making, and for what purpose. You cannot make any concentrates that use “explosive” gases in the process. You also cannot make concentrates you intend to sell, unless you are a licensed marijuana processor. You can however make your own butter or other cooking ingredients that are infused with marijuana, as long as they are for personal use and do not include “explosive” gases.
By the way, we just got some new Rosin Presses that are for sale at Destination HWY 420. Rosin Presses allow you to make your own marijuana concentrates using only pressure and heat. Rosin is a solventless concentrate that’s quickly becoming one of the top forms of concentrates available on the market. We will be posting more information about these new Rosin Presses soon.
According to the Washington State Legislature:
Butane or other explosive gases.
(1) Nothing in this chapter permits anyone other than a validly licensed marijuana processor to use butane or other explosive gases to extract or separate resin from marijuana or to produce or process any form of marijuana concentrates or marijuana-infused products that include marijuana concentrates not purchased from a validly licensed marijuana retailer as an ingredient. The extraction or separation of resin from marijuana, the processing of marijuana concentrates, and the processing of marijuana-infused products that include marijuana concentrates not purchased from a validly licensed marijuana retailer as an ingredient by any person other than a validly licensed marijuana processor each constitute manufacture of marijuana in violation of RCW 69.50.401. Cooking oil, butter, and other nonexplosive home cooking substances may be used to make marijuana extracts for noncommercial personal use.
(2) Except for the use of butane, the state liquor and cannabis board may not enforce this section until it has adopted the rules required by RCW 69.51A.270.
[ 2015 c 70 § 15.]
“Marijuana Legalized Map”
This search phrase is somewhat irrelevant to Washington State Residents since we already have both Recreational and Medical Marijuana; although it is nice to check legal marijuana maps occasionally just to see the progress that has been made on this issue of Human Rights.
One thing about this map that we think is important to note, is that one of the states with the strictest marijuana laws, Idaho, shares our eastern border. It can be easy to cross state lines without realizing it; if you frequently keep marijuana in your vehicle, you probably don’t want to accidentally cross into Idaho without thoroughly cleaning your car out first.
In Idaho, if you get caught with less than 3oz of marijuana, you can receive a misdemeanor charge with up to a year in prison and/or a $1,000 fine. So, if you plan on taking some road trips soon, you should first ensure you don’t have any marijuana hiding in your vehicle, then purchase locally in each State you visit.
The following information was sourced from Wikipedia:
By Lokal_Profil, CC BY-SA 2.5, Link
Legality of cannabis in the United States Some local jurisdictions and Indian reservations have decriminalization or legalization policies separate from the states they are located in. · Cannabis is illegal in all federal enclaves (other than hemp). v t e
“Marijuana Curbside Pickup”
The “Covid Pandemic” has caused a lot of problems across our globe, but there are a handful of good things that have happened because of this virus. Curbside pickup is one of the most sensible and beneficial regulatory changes that have happened in the marijuana industry in the last few years. Even if Covid didn’t exist, curbside pickup options should have been authorized a while ago.
So yes, Destination HWY 420 does offer curbside pickup options.
*Now available to all Customers 21+ or with Medical Marijuana Recognition Cards.
How To Place An Order For Curbside Pick-Up
1. Visit: www.destinationhwy420.com
2. Once on the homepage of our website, click on the green button that says “ORDER ONLINE NOW!”
3. Once on our online menu, click on the green button at the top of the page that says “Start Online Order”
4. After you’ve finished placing your online order, come to our business and park in our parking lot in the spaces designated for “Curbside Pick-Up”.
5. Once you’re in our parking lot, give us a call and let us know that you’ve arrived and that you’re ready for your curbside pick-up.
Phone Number: (360)-627-8754
6. After receiving your call, we will send one of our Budtenders outside to check your IDs and collect your cash payment. All occupants of the vehicle must be 21+ or have a Medical Marijuana Recognition Card.
7. For Medical Marijuana Recognition Card Holders, we will collect your card and bring it into our store to verify it in the Health Dept. database.
8. After you’ve been verified and your items have been purchased, we will bring your recognition card, change, receipt, and products back out to your vehicle.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this article. We don’t get a lot of online exposure since Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Etc. do not want marijuana businesses on their platform. Our social media accounts have been throttled, blocked, and banned, and we don’t want to waste time creating content for platforms that constantly censor us. Since we no longer really interact on social media, it’s hard for us to increase our audience. If you use social media, and you share this article, it will help us a lot, and we would greatly appreciate it.
As we said at the beginning of this article, we want to answer your questions on anything involving cannabis. If you have questions or if you’d like us to create some specific content, just let us know in the comment section below.
#marijuana #cannabis #weed #retail #concentrates #laws #legal #bremerton #kitsap #washington